Saturday, October 24, 2009

SWFC - Shanghai World Finance Center

I have been in Shanghai several times, but only for short meetings. This time, I had a chance to tour the city a bit. 
Of course, SWFC is the place one can't miss. As one of the world top city, Shanghai has a world class sky scraper - SWFC. This building is 492m and has over 101 floors. 
The entrance is -10m underground.
When you go in, there is a SWFC model with cute Japanese comic looking models hanging around. It has the same touch of the Japan Roppongi hill landmark, which I visited few years back. The tour guide then explained that the project architect & engineer is the same as the Roppongi hill. No wonder the resemblance. 
Submerge into the dark, the elevator sits in a dark room with huge LED display on the ceiling. The numbers shows elevator's altitude at by meters. 

I think Taipei 101 is still the tallest... 
There are see through glasses at the floor, so you can have a partial bird view of Pudong traffic. 
This is the 101 floor. I love how they utilize the reflecting materials. Makes the place looks very spacy. 
Somehow, Pudong night scape reminds me of Madison Square park in NYC. 
I am quite impressed with how Shanghai has developed. Pudong is still under construction for the world EXPO. It will be interesting to see the change 5 years down the road. 

0 comments: