Friday, December 4, 2009

Three Shadows Photography Art Centre

Had a chance to walk around Beijing with my good photographer friend, South. Three Shadows Photography Art Centre gave me a WOW factor. Not only the scale of it, but also the architectural design, space, and the exhibition. 

This month exhibition is WATW, We are the world, photography from China and the Neverthelands. Generally, it talks about how the world is changing due to excessive human consumption. 
This is another exhibition which I quite like. Its called the "red pole". It has the visual catch. 
The library is full of books on photography. Some of them are even 絕版, you need to become a member in order to read them. 
The cafe is on the right hand side of the building, which South and I saw the owner, Rong Rong, and Inri. 
This studio belongs to Rong Rong and Inri. I think it is any photographers dream. Rong Rong is Chinese and Inri is Japanese. This is the first time I know about them. I presume they both enjoy the freedom they have in their work because they have a lot of fascinating nude work. Another day to open my eyes. 

http://www.threeshadows.cn

0 comments: